CoughAssist is a non invasive therapy that very effectively removes secretions in patients who are unable to cough effectively on their own.
Fully portable, CoughAssist is a mains operated device that automatically oscillates between applying positive then negative air pressure to the patient's airway in order to help the patient to clear retained bronchopulmonary secretions.
Air is supplied to the patient via a flexible tube incorporating a bacterial filter and can be use with a facemask or mouthpiece. CoughAssist can also be attached to a tracheostamy or endotracheal tube.
Typical patients benefitting from CoughAssist include those suffering from:
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Post - Polio
- Spinal Cord Injuries
CoughAssist Benefits include:
- Removes secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the risk of respiritory infection
- Safe Non Invasive alternative to suctioning
- Easy for patients and carers to operate.
Approved for home use with both adults and children
CoughAssist Technical Specification
- Positive Pressure: Variable between 5 and 60 cm of water
- Negative Pressure: Variable between 5 and 60 cm of water
- Typical Inhalation Flow: 3.3 litres / second when set to maximum; equals exhalation flow when set to maximum
- Typical Exhalation Flow: 10 litres / second (dependant upon set pressure and patient airway resistance).
- Pressure Gauge: -70 to +70 cm water.
- Inhalation / Exhalation & Pause Times: 0 - 5 secs in automatic mode or user variable in manual mode.
- Dimensions: 292 mm x 279 mm x 419 mm
- Weight: 11 Kg
Our Hire Service for CoughAssist is a recent introduction designed in close co-operation with Philips Respironics following the success of our Portable (and static) Oxygen Concentrator Sales and Hire Services.
Please contact TeNS Medical Services for further details.
Tel: 0121 355 6555 or use any of the "Contact Us" options shown at the top of each website page.